Wednesday, May 6, 2009

52 Days To Go!

Argh, such a busy week! Just to keep everyone in the loop, here are some updates for the week:

1)I was invited for an extended run last Sunday by Mr. Kelvin Ng. We met at the Sungai Buloh R&R on the way back from the Bidor Half Marathon, which he took part in as well. We had a small chat and next thing I know, we exchanged numbers and I was invited for an extended run from Bukit Aman to Sri Hartamas and back. Now, that's a good 21KM! We met at 630am and began running through Bukit Tunku and the Jalan Kuching Roundabout before reaching Sri Hartamas. We made a quick water break at the Petronas at Sri Hartamas before running back again, the entire 21KM taking 2 hours and 20 minutes. The highlight of the morning wasn't the run, but Mr. Kelvin himself! He seem to know every runner whom we met along the way and miraculously, he was laughing and talking non-stop throughout the entire run! I have to say, he's one of the more eccentric runners I've met. A jovial chap who has run 18 (!!!) marathons himself, Kelvin was an excellent running partner as we exchanged thoughts about running, life and our backgrounds. Later did I find out that he's the Pacestters Vice President of the Tasik Permaisuri Area Group! He's part of a group known as DER PACEMAKERS, a running community which is a subset of Pacestters. Argh, if only I had more time..

2) YAY!

My first RM100 for my Run For A Cause Category!!! I just found out about it last Thursday as I was preparing the "Help Jimmy and Ray Mun Run For A Cause" Group on Facebook! So happy! At first, I thought it was some random stranger who...shared the same believes as I did? But only later did I find out that it was contribution from Miss T, Kah Hwee and Hamsap Mustaqim! THANKS THANKS THANKS, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! Now just RM400 to go!

3) The Distribution Box has been circulating around University, mainly in M207 this week and ME109 and ME208 in previous weeks. I was actually quite pessimistic about raising funds from my University mates, that they wouldn't see the truth in my cause. But how glad am I to be wronged, the Contribution Box is getting fuller day by day. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS! And I always believe that support comes in all forms - be it monetary, physical or morale, of which the latter I received today:




Thanks a lot for the book and well wishes, Kai Rou, Shi Hoay, Xin Ying, Ying See, Wei Sheng, Szu May, Whei Ying, Le Min, Justin, Jeannie and Roderick! :D

4) It's 52 days to the event and I've yet to run this week! I had my IMS presentation today and thank goodness that it's done! I'll just have enough time to catch a breather, before clocking up another 40km later this week. Come early June, I will need to clock up at least 70km a week, inclusive of a 30KM extended run! But before that, there's this little problem called "In Course Assesment" to settle on May 29th. *grumbles*

Till then, cheers!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. ah mun ah.. why u put such a lengzhai name there.. no need guar.. haishhh neways good luck for the run.. one of these day i will make time to run a marathon.. to see what u saw in it.. lol all the best for the exam too

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAMSAP!

    thanks for the contribution, seriously! :). haha, yes you must run a marathon one day too, but make sure you do it k! thanks again, i'll try not to mess up in the exmas =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember when I talked about Paavo Nurmi? I wasnt fucking around now was I?

    ReplyDelete