Saturday, April 18, 2009

Updates!

Greetings everybody!

Just some updates for all to see :)

On Wednesday, both Jimmy and I approached ME208 regarding our Run For A Cause plight. It was an extremely last minute job - we had a small Powerpoint slide show set up, which we presented to ME208 right after their last lecture of the semester. Let's just say, it could have gone much better but we did get some contributions from the crowd, which was highly encouraging.

We also found out that a healthy number of our ME208 juniors are taking part in the Half Marathon Category for the Standard Chartered KL Marathon on June 28th. Not bad considering that their End Of Semester (EOS) exams end only about a week before the event! Besides, I also found out that high school buddy Satchid and his friend, Wolf will be taking part in the Full Marathon event too!

Now, that will be a sight! :)

Friday was another real challenge. I haven't been running since the 18KM that was clocked up on Tuesday evening, and I really needed to train. Jimmy was busy and Roderick was still in Kuching, so I decided to do the Mini-Mizuno route on my own. The Mini-Mizuno route is about 8KM, which starts off from the IMU towards Pearl Point near Old Klang Road, before veering off towards Sri Petaling and finally, back to the IMU. The problem wasn't all the steep uphills, but the fact that I just donated blood earlier that day! Wasn't too bad I guess, I took about 55 minutes in total. Still room for improvement I guess...

Over the weekend, I've spoken to a few of my close friends, who have been giving suggestions on how to raise the RM500 each for Jimmy and myself. Sometimes, it's not the suggestion, but the motivation they give that counts too :). Miss C has graciously agreed to help me with the design of this blog, of which I'm greatly indebted to her, while Miss T has reminded me to concentrate on my studies, while trying to juggle the Marathon, IMUCUP and my studies all at one go..

That's all for the moment I guess! I'm still bugging Jimmy into setting up a blogger account, so that he can start sharing his thoughts with all of you. He's a bit shy, you see. Nonetheless, we will be meeting up on Monday with Roderick to discuss our training agenda for the next 2 months or so. If all goes well, we'll have plenty of updates in the coming week or so.

Cheers!

ray mun

No comments:

Post a Comment