Friday, April 24, 2009

Motivation

More updates, guys!

It's Friday night, and I'm extremely excited! Tomorrow afternoon, Roderick, Le Min and myself will be heading up North to this little quaint town in Perak called Bidor for the Bidor Half Marathon!

I'll be totally honest here - I'm scared! I've yet to run an entire 21.1km before, and tomorrow will be another milestone for my still growing running career. I hadn't had much training this week, with IMU Ball and IMUCUP Official House Meetings to attend and I can't help but feel very, very unprepared for the race.

Speaking of which, it reminded me of a little incident that occured on Wednesday evening. I wanted to do an extended 15km run, in preparation for this Sunday's Bidor Half Marathon. I just changed into my gear when I was called over by Sandip, who was in a meeting for some IMUCUP matters. Milers was on this week and he wanted me to warm the juniors up for him. Of all people, me! I must admit, I was a bit reluctant but it did bring back good memories of Milers. From playing simple Angels and Demons in the past, the club has gone a long way - Sandip did the Bleep Test with the juniors at the basketball court.

Rest assured, I can easily say that the club's in good hands. :)

After the warm-up, I made my getaway from The Driveway and headed for the park. Time to start running! I did a quick 1 lap as warm-up before starting..only to find the going tough! All those 4 days of inactivity has really gotten me sluggish and lazy. I did 10 rounds around the park before calling it a day.

I recall Yen Xi asking me, "Why so few rounds today?"

And all I could say was, "No motivation".

I spent the rest of the evening asking myself, what is my motivation? Bragging rights? A higher calling? Or plain old foolishness? I guess my motivation changes from day to day, based on my mood and thoughts, but one thing for sure - my motivation sure wasn't there that Wednesday.

Crap, I sure do hope I find my motivation this Sunday. Not with the stakes so high.

63 days to the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2009.

COME ON, RAY MUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment